A Message to Our Customers Regarding COVID-19
Despite the challenges associated with the public health emergency related to COVID-19 now facing our State, Country and the world, the Kennebec Water District continues to supply you with high quality water. Our well trained and professional staff remains committed to keeping the water flowing into your homes and businesses.
We have implemented a few operational changes that you should be aware of to help reduce the risk of our employees encountering the virus that causes COVID-19. These include:
- Board of Trustee meeting are currently being held remotely. Meetings are generally held on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 7:30 am. If you would like to remotely participate in a Board of Trustee meeting, please contact the KWD business office at (207)872-2763 for access information.
- As of June 22, 2020, the Kennebec Water District business office is once again open to visitors. Due to the size of the lobby area, we ask that only one customer at a time enter the building. Water bills can still be paid by visiting our website (www.KennebecWater.org), mailing it directly to our business office (6 Cool Street, Waterville, ME 04901), or by calling our main line at (207)872-2763. You can also drop your payment off at our business office by putting your payment into our mail drop slot on the South end of the building.
- Most service appointments are currently being scheduled as requested. Customers needing an appointment with one of our service technicians, will be asked screening questions to determine the level of risk of COVID-19 exposure. In cases where the risk level is unacceptable, the service appointment will be scheduled for a later date or our service staff will provide guidance to the customer to have the work completed by a third party.
- Disconnects for non-payments were originally put on hold due to the pandemic, however, disconnects have resumed again. Customers who are unable to pay their water bill on-time should contact us to discuss a payment plan.
- Our staff will do their best to limit close proximity interactions with each other and the public. Please try to maintain a six-foot space between you and our staff if you encounter them at a work site or service appointment.
The safety of your drinking water remains unchanged. Drinking water is not a known source of the virus that causes COVID 19. Additionally, our state-of-the-art treatment system ensures that your tap water is safe to drink.
We will continue to monitor the developments related to COVID-19 including information health authorities and political leaders at the local, State and federal levels. Kennebec Water District will continue to provide 24-hour emergency service. Call (207) 872-2763 at any time to report an emergency.
Originally Posted 3/19/2020