A Message to Our Customers Regarding COVID-19
Despite the challenges associated with the public health emergency related to COVID-19 now facing our State, Country and the world, the Kennebec Water District continues to supply you with high quality water. Our well trained and professional staff remains committed to keeping the water flowing into your homes and businesses.
We have implemented a few operational changes that you should be aware of to help reduce the risk of our employees encountering the virus that causes COVID-19. These include:
- All Board of Trustee meeting will be held remotely until further notice. Board of Trustee meetings are generally held on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 7:30 am. If you would like to participate in a Board of Trustee meeting, please contact the KWD business office at (207)872-2763 for access information.
- Until further notice, visitors are not allowed to enter any of the Kennebec Water District facilities. Water bills can be paid by visiting our website (www.KennebecWater.org), mailing it directly to our Business Office (6 Cool Street, Waterville, ME 04901), or by calling our main line at (207)872-2763. You can also drop your payment off at our Business Office by putting your payment into our mail drop slot on the South end of the building.
- Service appointment are being limited on only those needed to establish, restore, or discontinue water service. Any non-essential appointments will be rescheduled later.
- KWD has suspended water service shut-offs due to non-payment until further notice so all customers will continue to have access to safe drinking water during this emergency. Customers who are unable to pay their water bill on-time should contact us to discuss a payment plan.
- Our staff will do their best to limit close proximity interactions with each other and the public. Please try to maintain a six-foot space between you and our staff if you encounter them at a work site or service appointment.
The safety of your drinking water remains unchanged. Drinking water is not a known source of the virus that causes COVID 19. Additionally, our state-of-the-art treatment system ensures that your tap water is safe to drink.
We will continue to monitor the developments related to COVID-19 including information health authorities and political leaders at the local, State and federal levels.
Kennebec Water District will continue to provide 24-hour emergency service. Call (207) 872-2763 at any time to report an emergency.
Modified: 4/1/2020 – added item #1